Re: [TowerTalk] Model done for 4SQ supported by center tower

To: "'Jim Lux'" <jimlux@earthlink.net>,"'StellarCAT'" <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Model done for 4SQ supported by center tower
From: "Peter Grillo" <ah3c@frii.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:06:28 -0700
If a good ground grid is available at the base of the tower, I was thinking
of mounting a 40' boom, fixed near the top of the 125' tower.  Each end of
the boom would have an 80M dipole hanging down from each end.  This would
give approximately .15 wavelength spacing.  Two feed lines would be run to
the middle of the tower and extended out on a 20' boom.  Two 40M dipoles
would hang from the 20' boom.  Each dipole has equal dimensions and feed
lines are run into a switchbox that would select in phase, or 90 degrees out
of phase by inserting an electrically correct 1/4 wave jumper.  This is the
two element approach.  It seems to me that the same could be done with 4
elements, but with more relays and another jumper.  My biggest concern is
the tower impacting the end fire pattern.  Thoughts?