Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Moxon rectangles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Moxon rectangles
From: "Clive Whelan" <clive.whelan@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:46:34 -0000
Many thanks to everyone who replied here and in direct email with
suggestions and even an NEC4 model! I hope you will excuse that I haven't
been able to reply to everyone individually, but your help is really
appreciated.

I am now fairly convinced that the problem ( LF shift) is due to the use of
insulated wire, although this remains to be proved in practice. Yes there
are environmental issues, especially at the low height and unfortunately
these are to a more or less extent inescapable. Where I live, no antennas at
all are allowed, though clearly I have some verticals and wires hiding
amongst the trees! The Moxon has to be erected in a position where the
conservation area cops will not be able to see it, and that implies at not
more than 30ft. That is just the price I have to pay for living in a truly
beautiful spot, but I am still coming to terms! I suppose I just wish that
the published literature had made a caveat about the use of insulated wire;
perhaps I missed it but......

I will post further when the problem is finally resolved.

73

Clive
GW3NJW