[TowerTalk] Tristao Crankup

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tristao Crankup
From: "Neil Goodell" <neil.goodell@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:44:55 -0500
Thank You to all who replied;especially Chuck-W6RD,It is definately a
CZ-454,and I can tell you it does weigh all 550#and then some! I'm wondering
what is the difference between "steel rope" and "aircraft cable" in trying to
get replacement cable for the tower.Also, the crank winch is all of 30-35 yrs
old,and while it still looks fine,I'm thinking about replacement,and from what
I've been reading I should go with a "wormgear" winch - which would be safer
than the spurDrive the tower currently has,any thoughts?Thank you all again,and
Chuck,I'll be getting in touch with you,definately interested in those manuals!
73...Neil, KB1KOX