Re: [TowerTalk] virus

To: David <k4zzr@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] virus
From: Tom Anderson <WW5L@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:04:17 -0600
David:

Don't feel bad, the same thing is happening to me.  Someone's computer
is sending infected e-mails to a DX club talk group where I'm the VP of
the group that sponsors it.  I've put out e-mails saying its not me
because the same IP address keeps coming back to a Comcast address in
Oregon. Since the IP address stays the same its a good indication the
modem of the infected computer is either cable or DSL.  I'm on dialup so
my IP address changes every time I connect.

I've sent upmteen advisories out about this, but even firends of mine
occasionally forget and send me an e-mail to check my AV which is
updated constantly and my desktop scanned every morning at 3 a.m.

This infected e-mail with my spoofed address is obvious because every
time it is sent out from whereever, the name of the organization is
mispelled and it has a alias that I never have used, in addition to my
spoofed e-mail address.  I finally just set up filters to filter it out
of my computer(s) based on the mispelling and alias.

Tom, WW5L