Re: [TowerTalk] Help in planning a new QTH

To: w2irt@nac.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help in planning a new QTH
From: James OConnell <w9wu@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:35:20 -0600
Peter:

I'm a little late in reading your original March 14, 2005 message on
TowerTalk.  While the advice you received from the readers on TT is
often close to correct, as an ARRL Volunteer Counsel for many years,
allow me to offer some free legal advice if you're interested.

I moderate the Ham Radio & the Law forum each year at the Dayton
Hamvention.  One of my handouts has several versions of "Ham Radio"
addendums to the typical real estate offer to purchase contract.  Part
of my dog and pony show involves a discussion of how to protect yourself
by not letting the xyl go to open houses by herself (thereby finding her
dream home to your disadvantage), advising the realtor that you'll be
using the ham radio add-on and that cc&r's and most HOA rules are
deal-killers.

I'd be happy to send the files to you on your promise that you'll
consult with a VC in CT, or at the least, ask your real estate lawyer to
speak with me or a local VC before he approves any restrictions on the
property.

73, Jim O'Connell, W9WU  ARRL Volunteer Counsel
      708 482-7373  FAX 708 401-0077