Re: [TowerTalk] Help in planning a new QTH

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help in planning a new QTH
From: K4SB <k4sb@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:09:20 +0000
> Joe Subich, K4IK wrote:
> > Again, these antennas are "optimized" for 50 Ohm feed impedance
> > and F/B not gain.  Stop comparing apples and oranges ... look
> > at the large body of research and you will find gain climbs
> > significantly with lower feed impedance.  It's simple physics:
> > lower impedance => more current => more radiation => more
> > radiation => higher gain.
Nope on both of the above. The highest gain possible in a yagi antenna
is when the spacing between the elements is infinitely small, and by
infinitely small, I am speaking of something like S=.00000000001
^-1000.

Reference: Antennas:Krause; Volume 2

If they revoked the old P=(I^2)R, then I missed it.

):>
Ed