Re: [TowerTalk] Which grounding panel material?

To: <N2TK@arrl.net>, "'Tonno Vahk'" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which grounding panel material?
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:58:13 -0800
Hey .. I am doing the same type of thing .. have the ground rod laying
alongside the "hole in the wall" ... have the metal plate made up .. 18" X
12" -- ready to put in the drill press and make the bulkhead holes.  Going
to have "extra" connectors, so I can add stuff later.. BNC, UHF, N, RCA --
and multi-connector setups to drive relays, remote tuning, rotators, etc....
I am going to use piano hinge, so I can get to the back of the apparatus
easily when I connect from the inside, because my desk & Henry floor amp are
in a niche in  the wall, and I am QRO in the tummy area .. HIHI   --   BUT
I will be able to swap antennas, change coax, etc. readily from the outside.
That will be so nice when I'm `spearmintin'!   My house ground is less than
1Ø' away, so will tie to that as well... at least for testing purposes.  If
the dratted noise I suffer from being downtown becomes worse, I shall post
my results ...
The hole in the outside stucco wall exists because back in 1937, when this
house was originally built, it was the home of the switch box w/screw fuses.
Funny story .. only funny because there was no tragedy .. the house had TWO
re-wires in the past years, and since the box was hidden with foliage, never
really replaced... it was still in line for many house cirucuits, even
though new master services were installed ... 1Ø feet away!  This time the
house was remodeled, last fall, I had a REAL electrician do the job.  Quite
nice to have 2 REAL 23Ø VAC plugs for my amps in the front room hamshack,
and 2 more back in the workshop on the other end of the house --- no more of
those pesky extension cords from the dryer plug, or ran down the house from
the front service .. HIHIHIHI..
I will take pix of mine as it progresses, and share with the TT group ---
hey, Tony, show me yours!
73   Mark   AA6DX
AA6DX@ARRL.NET