Re: [TowerTalk] Pay me now or pay me later

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pay me now or pay me later
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:30:31 EDT
pay later. Be healthy...............................K1IR
Although I am 58, judging from the shape of most hams at hamfests, I am
probably in better shape than the average ham.

However, Jim is right.  It does take me longer to get to 200 feet than it
used to and I have a left shoulder that dislocates if put in a weird position.
It is for that reason I am not tackling this monster alone.  I have an
experienced young blood who is doing it with me, and my trusty wife is the
truck
driver for the tram ride down for the KLM big stick.

For those of you not aware of it, the Yahoo Groups..Tower-Pro is an excellent
source of what is going on in the Pro World of Towers.  If you ever want to
get a taste of how dangerous it is up on the tower, just read the posts on
their reflector.  Seldom does more than a couple of weeks go by that someone
doesn't get killed in a pro tower accident...and these guys are pros.  IT IS
DANGEROUS UP THERE!  Be careful!

Bill K4XS