Re: [TowerTalk] 75 meter antenna

To: "Joe Barnes" <n4jbk@bellsouth.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 75 meter antenna
From: "Chuck O'Neal" <cdoneal@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:52:12 -0400
Dipole at 65 ft.

The inv V at 95 ft is probably a little high for the zero to 100 mi stuff.,
depending upon the apex angle and the resultant average height.  I have
found that for close in distances a dipole up 1/4 is fine.  Up to a 1/2 wave
and your local coverage will be poor, due to the null straight up.  How high
are the ends on that inv V?   You might be better off just lowering the apex
to 65 to 70 ft. if that turns it into a "flat top" dipole.  Practically, the
difference won't be much.

Chuck...K1KW