Re: [TowerTalk] Guying Self-Supp. Towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com, ve5ra@sasktel.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying Self-Supp. Towers
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 22:22:13 EDT
In a message dated 4/8/2005 1:57:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

How many of you "experts" have had first hand experience in guying
self supporting towers??
Look in the Delhi Metal Products catalog and you will see that they
use the same configurations (base, sections) for their self supporting
and guyed towers.
Hiya, Doug --

    What's the url? A google search showed up 220k results and they were all
in India. Tnx.

    Bottom line - guyed towers should be guyed and free-standing towers
should be free-standing. "DO what the manufacturer says".

My experience is that guying a self supporting tower works for me.
    You and lots of other folks although it's hard to find too many downsides
with guyed towers as well.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -