Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a self-supporting tower - Yes

To: Steve Maki <steve@oakcom.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a self-supporting tower - Yes
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:55:04 -0600
Well said Steve.  It has been reassuring to see a number of individuals,
including yourself, privately and on this reflector, challenge this
myth that sensible guying of a three legged self supporting tower is wrong.
For me this thread has become more of a study of human behaviour than
about guying towers.  You see, I have first hand experience with the
successful guying of such towers and I am not prepared to remove those
guys...than would just be stupid.
Unfortunately there are still those who stick with the myth for their
own convoluted reasons, and will continue to try and sway others.

Let me end by quoting from Leo Tolstory:

"I know that most men, including those who are at ease with problems
of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and
most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the
falsity of conclusions which they had delighted in explaining to
colleagues, which they had proudly taught to others, and which they
had woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives."

--
Doug Renwick VA5DX
PO Box 50, Clavet, Saskatchewan, Canada S0K 0Y0