Re: [TowerTalk] HBX tower rotational loading

To: jimjarvis@ieee.org, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HBX tower rotational loading
From: jamesnf@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:53:23 -0400
Guess I was lucky..........Had a HDBX48SAB (screw anchor base - no concrete)
holding up a Hygain 204BA for a number of years with no issues.  It was a neat
tower.  Because the sections nested, I was able to pick up the whole thing at
AES Milwaukee and haul it home in the back of my F150 so no shipping charges.
With the screw anchor base, I needed no concrete to erect it.  And when I sold
it, the new owner hauled everything away leaving only three small holes where
the augers were screwed in.  I suppose it was a grossly under-engineered
installation but it gave good service for a number of years and through many
Chicago area storms.

Jim W9TM