Re: [TowerTalk] EF-240/230

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EF-240/230
From: Jim <kj0m@mchsi.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 07:21:28 -0500
On Apr 23, 2005, at 4:43 AM, Ken Claerbout wrote:

>  A friend of mine is looking to add 30 & 40 meter capability to his
> station.  His preference is to stack another beam above his TH-11.
> Anyone
> here have experience with the Force 12 EF-240/230?  Any other options
> we
> should consider?
>
> 73
> Ken K4ZW

I'm using a 240/230 stacked above a 5BA. The 240/230 is ~85'. It's been
up since this past September, so there's not much experience yet,
although I can say that the antenna works very well on both bands. I
made plenty of contacts this past winter and can work pretty much
anything I hear. The 5BA has been up since 2002 without a problem.

I'm a believer in Force 12 stuff despite the gripes you hear
occasionally. There are plenty of satisfied customers out there and I'm
one of them!

YMMV.

73,

Jim