Re: [TowerTalk] Mystery Tribander 2

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mystery Tribander 2
From: K2EK@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:16:08 EDT
For a Mosley retrospective..

Mosley tribanders typically had 1 trap per element.  Hygains of the day had 2.

The Mosley driven element was insulated from the boom (sitting on a pair of
black plastic molded blocks)

The Classic series used capacitive coupling at the feed point - Simply a 6 or
8 foot piece of RG8 with outer jacket and shield removed stuffed down each
half of the driven element.  Soemhow, it worked fairly well.

I still have the remains of my 1966 CL33 rebuilt as a mono band 15.  If all
goes well it will be back up as my south 15 by the end of the year!

de K2EK