[TowerTalk] Monoband Verticals

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Monoband Verticals
From: Daniel Hileman <n9wx_dan@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 16:39:56 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for a manufacturer of Monoband 1/4 wave
verticals, I've heard of Gladiator but can't get their
website to work, so thinking they might be out of
business. I might homebrew one, I'm looking for
suggestions and ideas on building a 1/4 for 40 and
80m.
I'm thinking of 1" copper tubing on the 40m and 5"
irrigation tubing on the 80m one. Anyone know about
what  price to expect for 3-5" irrigation tubing per
foot?
Also, is a matching network needed for 1/4 wave verts?

Thanks,

Daniel N9WX

http://mail.yahoo.com