Re: [TowerTalk] Weight on OR2800

To: crawford@torchlake.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Weight on OR2800
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:21:52 EDT
Howdy, TowerTalkians --

    Vic, W1TYQ, found the info that I was looking for and here it is. Tnx,
Vic!

>  The instruction manual for the OR2800 dated 10/22/93 includes the
following:

>  "You should also be aware that a 4000 lb trust bearing is located at
the top of the rotator.  The OR-2800 is designed to handle the entire
weight of your mast and antenna system.  We highly recommend that you
take advantage of this feature.  If you still want another thrust
bearing in the mast system, at least put some amount of weight on the
OR-2800".

>  The instruction manual dated 11/12/97 does not include this
information.  In fact it gives the vertical load capacity as 1800 lbs.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Cell: 206-890-4188