Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator cable

To: nv8a@att.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator cable
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 16:43:49 EDT

In a message dated 6/2/2005 3:40:03 P.M. Central Standard Time,  nv8a@att.net
writes:

On  06/02/05 03:14 pm Phil Camera tossed the following ingredients into
the  ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

> For my AlfaSpid installation, which  is over 500 ft from the shack, I used
the following.

>>From  the controller in the shack to the lightning arrestor (ICE type) just
outside  the window of the shack I ran regular multi conductor rotator cable
(#12 for  the power and used the #14 for the positioner).

<snip>

What you are calling "regular multi conductor  rotator cable (#12 for the
power and used the #14 for the positioner)" is  the kind of thing I was
trying to find, but nobody seems to sell anything  with #12 conductors
and other thinner conductors.

Where did you get  this stuff? Who makes it? Our local electrical supply
house is listed on  the Belden Web site as one of their vendors but in
fact no longer carries  Belden products -- not that Belden makes rotator
cable that heavy anyway,  as far as I could see.

Alan  NV8A

See:  http://www.mscomputer.com  for "Self Supporting Towers", "Wireless
Weather Stations", and lot's more.  Call Toll Free, 1-800-333-9041 with  any
questions and ask for Sherman,  W2FLA.

Texas Towers carries 8cond cable with 2 #12 and 6#16 conductors. Info at _www.
texastowers.com_ (http://www.texastowers.com)  or 1 800 272  3467.

73/K5GW