Re: [TowerTalk] Universal Tower query

To: Barry Fox <foxbw@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Universal Tower query
From: Don Havlicek <n8de@thepoint.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 19:44:26 -0400
Universal towers are very easy to climb .. and SAFE, if you use safety
measures.
If you install the antenna when the tower is horizontal and then try to
'walk it up' you will find that quite difficult, as the tower itself can
be 'walked up', but when you put the load at the tower top, the forces
will prevent you from 'walking' it up.  But, you can easily get it from
horizontal to vertical with a small pulley system .. or better yet, hire
a sign company with a boom truck to pull the tower to the vertical
position.  Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes for them .. you might get
it done quite economically!
Have 5 Universal towers here .. though none are up yet as I just moved
to Michigan in November and am in the late planning stages.
Good luck!
Don
N8DE