Re: [TowerTalk] Chain and cable safety

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Chain and cable safety
From: GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:17:49 -0700 (PDT)
I remember reading years ago of an ocean-going tug
pulling a disabled vessel in heavy seas. The large
steel tow cable broke and one end snapped back and
sheard the entire wheelhouse off the tug, killing all
the crew that were in it. Cables under tension can
have a huge amount of stored "enengy" just waiting for
someplace to go.

73, Stew K3ND

--- kb9yku <kb9yku@comcast.net> wrote:

> hay i  have seen a  1 1/4 in cable  over 400 foot
> long  brake at the
> hook  end on a 50  ton winch
> went 150  foot  under the truck  and  out the front
> it mite  have
> taken  legs  off it  any one was out there
> ken kb9yku

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html