[TowerTalk] MonstIR install

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MonstIR install
From: "Dennis O'Connor" <k8do@mailblocks.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:48:19 -0400
JC,
I have a 4el 40M beam at 150 feet... I built a PVRC swivel mount out of angle
steel and steel plates, U-bolts, etc., and it works for bringing the
boom/elements into the tower for work... Not perfect, but better than a poke in
the eye with a sharp stick...  The elements and the guy wires like to get
intimate at times, but usually a bucket of cold water and a few choice words
will solve that,,,
Once assembled you can then, if you choose, remount the boom in the usual
manner and bring the PVRC hardware down...

I have been eyeing the MonsterIR... I have the 4el 40 on top of the tower and a
KT36XA at 120' on a a piece of crap TicRing... I have pretty much lost the
contesting fever so I'm considering cleaning off the tower and putting the M-IR
on top... The Orion 2800 is already mounted up there, so the change over would
be relatively painless..

Denny