[TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Torque Bars

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Torque Bars
From: "Fred Mott" <fredmottcpa@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:09:21 -0400
I have read N1LO - Mark Lowell's Guyed Tower Topic Summary (63 pages) and
wonder about the "old" Rohn torque arms findings by Rohn, "really don't
contribute anything to the torsidnal resistance of the tower".  I am currenly
in the process of having my 30 year old 130 foot rusted Rohn 45G tower
regalvanized.  I will be putting it back up in about 3 weeks to a new height,
150'.  Also I will have a new base section, Rohn 45TG, installed.  Do any of
the tower experts have any comments wether to use the torque bars, will they
add anything other than weight.  Also will the 45TG tapered base be of any
benefit to the tower? It is still not to late to drop that, I haven't completed
that purchase yet.  Fred Mott, AB8AH