[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800DXA rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-800DXA rotor
From: "Gene Bigham" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:29:57 -0500
OK, I have acquired the rotator, it looks smaller than the Alliance it replaces
but is rated heavier duty.  My question is, I am having the top of my small
Aluma Tower modified and repaired as it was broken in the storm with 90 MPH
winds as well.  So, what is the mast size range of the G-800DXA.  And what is
the mount mast size range with the optional lower mast mount?
I am considering having the fabricator/welder make a cage to house the rotator
inside the tower.  The T-150 Aluma tower is too small to accommodate a rotator
inside its small upper section, but while we have it down and the top section
out for repair there is no reason we cannot fabricate an aluminum cage to house
the rotator inside the top section, with a thrust bearing on the top plate.
This should further serve to beef up this new arrangement.
Measurements for the masts appreciated as the manual and literature list no
sizes, and thoughts on the cage idea made as an integral part of the top
section also welcomed.