[TowerTalk] HG-37SS Specs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HG-37SS Specs
From: "Dale, KG4OLE" <kg4ole@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:53:10 -0400
Hi All,
I have a just acquired a Hy-Gain HG-37SS self supporting tower and am looking
for any information that would help in satisfying the local code compliance
office.  The tower specifications say it is rated at 50 MPH fully extended (36
feet) with a 9 square ft antenna load.  The code requirement at my QTH is 80
MPH. A little short of the requirements but the code compliance office is
willing to accept a wind survival of 80 MPH with the tower retracted (Nested)
and the 3.22 sq ft wind surface area antenna which I plan to use.  I have gone
to MFJ ,new owner of Hy-Gain, but no luck yet.

If anyone has any information or engineering data on this tower to indicate the
wind survivability rating in the retracted position I would be forever grateful.

TNK,
Dale <KG4OLE>