Re: [TowerTalk] Bazooka 1/4 wave balun

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>, "Jerry K3BZ" <k3bz@arrl.net>,"Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bazooka 1/4 wave balun
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 09:25:34 -0700
This discussion brings up a good question. What is the best what
to make accurate inductor Q measurements? I understand that
there are Boonton Electronics Q meters out there. How do those
compare with other techniques like using a vector network
analyzer?  I see people talking about Q's of 400 to 800 for
HF loading coils. How easier or hard is it to measure Q's in that
range?

Thanks,