[TowerTalk] Beefing up Aluminum Beam Elements

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beefing up Aluminum Beam Elements
From: "jim fox" <w0hfg@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 08:44:15 -1000
I wonder if anyone has and comments on strengthening beam elements by
inserting the next size smaller tubing inside the original there-by doubling
the thickness, but not increasing the outside diameter of the elements..
    I have a Tennadyne Log that just is not physically strong enough to last
out here in the wind and ice of Western Kansas.. I plan to increase the
tubing thickness for the longest two elements for approx the 1st 10 ft out
from the boom. What I'm wondering is, will this change the loading or SWR of
the antenna ??   Comments welcome..   Jim / W0HFG