[TowerTalk] radial attachment to tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] radial attachment to tower
From: "Richard W. Harris" <Richard_Harris@byu.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:31:12 -0600
Hi,
I just finished putting down 56 radials for a 160M shunt-fed tower I'm working
on.    Now I know why I put this off so long.

One question I have - I have an 18" square copper plate with holes drilled and
tapped around the perimeter to allow attachment of the radials.  My tower is US
Towers 72' crankup with a steel base (painted black). Tower of course is
galvanized.  Tower attaches with 18 bolts to this painted steel base.  If I
attach the copper plate to the steel base can I assume good connection from the
tower through the 18 bolts or should I make some other connections from the
tower to the copper plate?

Also, any suggestions how to attach the copper plate to the steel base.

Thanks much,
Richard - KJ7CU