[TowerTalk] Anchor Bolt Grade Suitable for Tower Base?

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Anchor Bolt Grade Suitable for Tower Base?
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:16:39 -0400
I am installing an LM-470 and prefer to use a base plate for the tilt
base that was designed for retrofit to an already existing concrete pad
and anchor bolts.  The base plate takes three 1-1/2" anchor bolts, which
will be 27-36" long.  I have purchased 10 feet of 1-1/2" threaded rod
that meets ASTM specification A307A,B or C.  Apparently, the stuff is
known as "common" threaded rod and is the lowest strength available.  Is
this rod suitable for this application?

Tnx and 73,

Joe
K2XX