[TowerTalk] AM Broadcast Tower available

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AM Broadcast Tower available
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:45:29 -0400
There ARE no free towers.

As k1ttt observed, the $3500 professional disassembly fee
itself equals the value of new Rohn.  And that fee is reasonable,
for the service involved, by the way.

This might be worth $1k to someone, if it were disassembled and
stacked on the ground.  Otherwise, it's worth is negative $3500
right now.

If someone were seriously interested in a 200' stick...you could
make an offer.  Recognize that a boom truck and operator will run you $500
pick the thing up, if you don't have to drive too far. At most, I'd offer
the
station 500 bucks for the tower, if it's disasssembled and stacked on the
ground.

You'll probably need to replace the entire guy system, since it's 50 years
old.
That'll run you a couple thousand, before you're done.

I have no need of anything this large...but I wouldn't touch this one
with a barge pole.

n2ea
jimjarvis@ieee.org