Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower HDX555 Tale of Woe

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower HDX555 Tale of Woe
From: "Pat Chiles" <chilesp@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:42:19 -0400
Had a long talk with Jodi in tech support at US Towers.  He said that is how
they did it for a brief period before seeing the error of their ways.  He
said that my tower should have been done the correct way, but they had a new
guy doing the motors last fall and he sent some out with the wrong
configuration.  It took me three phone calls  and some blood pressure spikes
to get some attention.  Once I found the right person, he had no problem
replacing the motor.  At least that is what I was told today in a late day
phone call.  It has turned out a lot better than I was starting to fear.
Bottom line is I need to bend some aluminum into a "rain" shield and plug
the holes that point upward on the motor with silicone.  They are going to
drill new drain holes in the replacement motor.  I should have the new motor
late next week.  I had about 5 weeks left on my warranty.  Life is good.
Pat, K8PC