[TowerTalk] Moth Balls Revisited

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Moth Balls Revisited
From: ABowenN4OO <abowen@nettally.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 07:54:37 -0400
I opened up my relay box yesterday to replace a coax cable. The box is 18"
X 14" X 6" deep and contains a single RCS-10 relay box.

Down in the right hand corner were a cluster of wasps. I beat a hasty
retreat and came back with the RAID.

In the jar with the moth balls on the left side, were a host of insects and
one dead wasp. Apparently, there was no enough circulation of gas to keep
the wasps from using the right hand corner, some 16" away. There were no
spider webs or other insect residue in the box.

I then decided to drill 2, 18" dia  holes in the outer box and try to
remember to spray a little Wasp Killer into the hole, sometime before
opening the box the next time.

Moth balls will probably do the job in a smaller cubic area.  I could also
have a second jar of moth balls on the right side of the box. Periodic
spraying of the box through a small hole seemed easier.

The moth balls had evaporated to about half size over the past 10-12 months.

INK N4OO