[TowerTalk] Low band DX´ing

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Low band DX´ing
From: <ec1cwg@dxhunters.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:36:28 +0200
Hello FMs,
Through many years I´ve been focusing my DX on 10-15 and 20 meters and later on
12 and 17. Yesterday morning I got a nice and happy experience contacting VP6SL
on 80 meters. My antenna system for 40 and 80 meters is very simple with just a
130ft trapped dipole hanging on at 23 ft with the help of 500 wts. Advantage is
that I live in a noise-free enviroment on the country side. I´d like to make a
question about how to improve my antennas for the low bands to the experts
here. I´m thinking on a rotating dipole for 40 meters over the triband yagi (at
33 ft) and parallel to its boom (at 3 ft or so) and perhaps a delta loop for 80
meters. I have no idea but I´ve heard that no less than 60 ft of tower are
required to mount a wire delta loop. Wondering if could be any system better
than a dipole that doesn´t require a tower higher than 33 fts (height
restrictions in my area) or asking if a vertical would work out better than my
dipole on this case. Any idea or clue you could give would be welcome. Thanks!
EC1CT Fernando
E-mail: ec1cwg@dxhunters.com