Re: [TowerTalk] replacement guys (was ...and C31XR)

To: "StellarCAT" <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>,"tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] replacement guys (was ...and C31XR)
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:30:59 -0400
> As for interaction - there is a treatise on the net by a
gentlemen that I have forgotten his name -
> very well done overall on tower installations... he said
in essence: for a dipole to add gain one
> has to CAREFULLY place another length of conducting
material in the plane, at the right distance,
> and have the right length to JUST have a little gain...
the guy wires are not in the plane in most cases,
> can be cut to be non-resonant,  and for the most part are
a long distance away.

It would be interesting to read the "article", because it's
dead wrong if that is what it actually says.

The issue isn't adding controlled gain. The issue is pattern
distortion.

73 Tom