Re: [TowerTalk] replacement guys (was ...and C31XR)

To: "tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] replacement guys (was ...and C31XR)
From: "StellarCAT" <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:11:23 -0700
I will see if I can find it again - I may well have done him an injustice to
quote without the reference.

I would however respectfully disagree with your assessment -
about being dead wrong. The point is that if guys are cut to be
non-resonant and they are by nature further away from the antennas
and in the wrong plane than the amount of coupling is insignificant.
If this were not true than antennas like the C31XR and many others
would not work - they are no different! Metal IN PLANE cut to be
non-resonant.
Granted the antennas are designed around the existing elements but again
they
are in the plane and they are very close.

g.

besides: working with EHS to make it work is still, in my opinion, better
than
designing around a material that can stretch and potentially put the tower
at risk.
I am sure you have seen K7NV's analysis - it was, at least to me, an eye
opener.

Finally: as Steve LXC likes to say "do what the manufacturer says"
.... unless I missed it they recommend STEEL!