Re: [TowerTalk] climbing BX style towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com, knowkode@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] climbing BX style towers
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:06:12 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/2005 9:02:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I have had a few maintenance jobs on BX style towers and I alway end up
with bruised feet after a climb. I wear a heavy boot with steel shanks in the
soles but the problem is the bruising that occurs on the top outside of my
feet.
When working on a tower with x bracing, my feet are forced into the corner of
the x brace and the vertical member. It always seems that the flat steps are
never in the right place. I am ready to swear off of this style tower after
one more climb. Are there any tricks of the trade to avoid the problems I've
encountered?

    Unfortunately no. They aren't known as "meat grinders" for nothing. Let
me know if you find ANY kind of solution!

    The only thing I can think of is to use plastic mountain climbing boots
but they're pretty danged expensive.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH