Re: [TowerTalk] climbing BX style towers

To: K7LXC@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com, knowkode@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] climbing BX style towers
From: kb9cry@comcast.net (Phil Camera)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:25:50 +0000
What I've found is that, especially during the climb and descent, is to go up
and down the tower like one would on a Trylon tower.  That is, up and down a
leg, meaning, keep a tower leg in the middle of your body and each foot
contacts the braces on adjacent tower faces.  This way, if you plan your steps
right, you'll be putting your feet down onto a brace that is angled upward and
it really is quite easy to go up and down.  Once near the top where everything
is smaller, then your feet get abused.  My suggestion is install a solid
installation so you don't have to climb these too much.  Phil  KB9CRY