[TowerTalk] silly guy preform dead end question...

To: "tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] silly guy preform dead end question...
From: "StellarCAT" <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:58:24 -0700
I have always used cable clamps ... but this time around the preforms were
about as cheap as
 the cable clamps. I have researched here there and (most) everywhere but
cannot find clear
cut instructions on how to use these things. Is the guy simply cut and held
straight and the preform
simply wraps around it!? The guy could theoretically  "pull" put with enough
force - i.e. it is not
hooked/looped or anything else?
[I know, like a Chinese finger lock that the more you pull the more they
"grip"...BUT]

Is there any "magic" to it or any caveats? Both with the guys using thimbles (i
have the right size
thimbles) as well as around insulators?

thanks for any help.

Gary Myers