Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for photo of 30' tower

To: "Delbert Matlock" <delbert@matlock.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for photo of 30' tower
From: "ChetMoore" <ChetMoore@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 09:39:00 -0400
Delbert,

Lobby for 40 feet and then either get a C3 or its smaller brother the C3SS.
Spend the 20 bux and get K7LXC's tribander report to see why. Consider a
tubular tower if its to please the xyl.  After a few months it won't make
any difference to the xyl if its 30 or 40 feet but it sure will to you.  My
xyl had the same concerns  yours  did but she will get used to it.   I
started with two 10 foot sections and a 2 el quad on top of  5 foot mast.
I have been thru a number of  moves. The tower is now at 90 feet on a 1/4
acre lot and the xyl has actually defended it to at least one new neighbor
who just recently moved in.  Yesterday afternoon, my xyl volunteered to help
me put down 6 more radaials for 160. (burried about 3 inches down)  I'm not
sure right now what she exactly  wants, but whatever it is, she will
probably get it.

press on regardless

Chet N6ZO