Re: [TowerTalk] I know I'm off topic but

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] I know I'm off topic but
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 21:20:23 -0400
Bill,

My QTH is very exposed to the wind, and my problem was with
fiberglas and Parafil (similar to Phillystran) guys singing in the
wind.  The Parafil guy vibration could be heard hundreds of feet
away at times.  This vibration was a serious threat to the
integrity of my towers.

Various electrical distribution cables are also susceptible to high
frequency vibration similar to what I experienced with my
towers.

I purchased vibration dampeners from Preformed Line
Products.  You can find descriptions of their many vibration
and "galloping" control products at:

www.preformed.com

Vibration is a threat to the reliability of your power company's
infrastructure, they should be very willing to correct the
problem.

73!
Frank
W3LPL