Re: [TowerTalk] Can Any Tower Handle Cat 5+ Hurricane?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Can Any Tower Handle Cat 5+ Hurricane?
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 07:54:06 -0400
Here's a tower that can survive a heavy antenna load in a Cat 5
hurricane, located on Jan Mayen Island (JX).  It's commonly
known as "Heavy Duty AB-105," buts its proper designation is
Trylon (now PennTech) 2400H.  Its a guyed tower with 24 inch
face width, ideal for any large HF Yagi:

http://www.olemartin.no/janmayen/

If anyone needs a very heavy duty tower for large HF stacks  in
hurricane alley (or any where else), I still have hundreds of feet
of very heavy duty 24 inch face width tower for sale.

Manufactured by Granger Corporation (their model 789),  its
new tower that I recently removed from the crates.  Its
available for the same price as Rohn 55, an incredible bargain
for the strongest tower anyone could ever want and ideal for
any HF array you could ever imagine in the most severe storm
conditions.

73!
Frank
W3LPL