[TowerTalk] Insulating tower from ground or ground it and useSlant/Shunt

To: w9nto@isp.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Insulating tower from ground or ground it and useSlant/Shunt Feed?
From: RLVZ@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 10:30:09 EST
Hi-

I have an aluminum tower that I hope to do the same  thing with... use it for
a 1/4 wave 80-meter vertical.  (and load it  for 160-meters).  My aluminum
tower is actually 32' in height and I have  another 35' of telescoping aluminum
that I plan to drop in the towers top  colar.  Then tune adjust the
telecoping alumumin for minimum  SWR.

I've been thinking of the best way to load it and/or insulate  it.  A few

1) Insulate the base and base feed it.  Finding base  insulator material is a
challenge.

2) Ground the tower and "shunt feed" it.  This would eliminate  the need to
insulate the base but require additional parts to get  the proper match.

3) Ground the tower and use a "slant feed".  This would  eliminate the need
to insulate the base but require additional parts to get the  proper match.

Any recommendations!

Thanks!

K9OM

DOSE  ANY ONE OUT THERE HAVE PLANS OR WORKING MODEL TO INSULATE A TOWER FROM
GROUND?I WANT TO USE A HEIGHTS ALUMINUM TOWER FOR A 80 MTR.VERTICAL.