Re: [TowerTalk] 160-m Inverted L or Sloper?

To: "'Tom Rauch'" <w8ji@contesting.com>, <RLVZ@aol.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160-m Inverted L or Sloper?
From: "Barry Merrill" <barry@mxg.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:28:51 -0600
If I've understood this track, a sloper is just a way of feeding
the tower it is connected to, and the radiation pattern, good or bad,
is controlled by the tower and what's on it, and not the sloper itself.

Does that really mean that I can move the end of my 135 foot sloper from
its present position, to the NE, 180 degrees to where it would be sloping
to the SW, and expect no change in its very satisfactory performance
on 80 and 160??

 (That would put all of the sloper over my property, instead of my having
  to sneak the end across the street at Sundown so it was "pointing" NE!).

Will the direction the antennas above the feedpoint are pointed at have
any significant impact on the sloper-fed tower's pattern?

73

Barry, W5GN