Re: [TowerTalk] Crank Up towers

To: AD5VJ Bob <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank Up towers
From: "George P." <ab2kc@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:39:12 -0500
I bought a used triex-51 50 foot crank-up. It is slightly "overloaded" with
a 3 element quad for 10-20 meters. Up for three years with no trouble. It
goes up and down about twice a week. I keep it down when not operating. I
did have it up one time with wind gusts to 50 MPG (unexpected thunderstorm),
and no problem! I an very happy with the convenience of doing the antenna
work with out climbing. The tower is 3 feet against the the house, so it
cranks down the quad elements to the roof level. Easy to install and perform
alignment and tuning also. Good luck,
George AB2KC