Re: [TowerTalk] Crank Up towers

To: "K7LXC@aol.com" <K7LXC@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank Up towers
From: Rick Tavan N6XI <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:42:11 -0800
As a crankup owner and K7LXC customer, I agree with most of your comments,
Steve.

I wouldn't characterize UST customer support as "good." A better description
might be "reluctantly effective." I have had to argue with them several
times to get support but they have always capitulated and done the right
thing. I still can't get the damn control box to work consistently but at
least they explained how to open it up and override the flakey lockouts
which fail temporarily at random intervals. This $10,000 monster works
correctly about half the time.

I bought the crankup solely for neighbor appeasement. Now that I know my
wonderful neighbors even better than three years ago, if the crankup ever
gets destroyed I'll probably replace it with the guyed tower I really wanted
all along.

73,

/Rick N6XI