Re: [TowerTalk] HAAT calculator

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HAAT calculator
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 20:02:39 -0500
For HF operation, HAAT is fundamentally irrelevant.  Average terrain elevation
from 43KM to 16 KM is, at most, only a small part of the picture.  The best
tool available for hams is HFTA (HF Terrain Analysis), which relates the
effects of local topography to the arrival angles of the desired signals.

Line-of-sight frequencies are a different matter, of course.

73, Pete N4ZR