Re: [TowerTalk] HAAT calculator

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HAAT calculator
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 20:43:00 -0600
Just to illustrate N4ZR's comment, I fired up HFTA and created a
fictious terrain, one that a very good local terrain near the antenna,
but had a lot of high stuff in the distance.  If you used the website
for calculating HAAT of this terrain, it should give you -270 ft. Sounds
bad, huh?

I used a dipole at 14MHz and compared the response of this dipole to a
dipole over flat ground.  At an elevation angle of 6 degrees, the dipole
over my special fictious terrain beat the dipole over flat ground by 12 dB.

Jerry, K4SAV