Re: [TowerTalk] Tools for Installing Ground Rod?

To: "Larry Burke" <burkelj@earthlink.net>, <WW5L@gte.net>,"'Jim Lux'" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tools for Installing Ground Rod?
From: "Dr. Howard S. White" <drpaper@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 00:47:44 -0800
I bought the Harbor Freight $59 SDS Hammer Drill... and a $14 Grinder to cut
off the end of one of the SDS bits to make it square.. used 5/8" heater hose
and  clamp as a guide followed the process http://www.n4lcd.com/groundrod/

Still no luck driving in the rods... must have hit rock of something....When
we were putting in my tower, we had to jackhammer the clay(?) out of the
hole as it was too hard for the backhoe to dig it out...

I am still resisting the hydrallic method as I am concerned about the mess
it will cause....

Howard S. White Ph.D. P. Eng., VE3GFW/K6  ex-AE6SM  KY6LA
Website: www.ky6la.com
"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
"Ham Antennas Save Lives - Katrina, 2003 San Diego Fires, 911"