Re: [TowerTalk] ladder line vrs coax

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ladder line vrs coax
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:51:53 -0800
Hi Joe

One good thing about the ladder line antenna is that it can be used on any
band, and in any portion of the band.   You didn't say how long it was, but
with most antennas, as you go up in frequency, you start getting gain with
the ladder line antenna.  An 80 meter dipole fed with ladder line becomes 2
half waves in phase on 40, which gives you some good gain.

With the coax fed antenna, you are limited to certain spots on the band
whereas with the ladder line fed antenna, you can move from one end to the
other and the antenna will still be efficient.

I have 2 of those twin lead fed antennas here and it gives me lots of
flexibility.  I like 'em.

P.S.  by this time next week this thread will have nothing to do with what
you first asked :-)

Tom W7WHY