[TowerTalk] Copy of my note to K9MI on the HDX 56

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Copy of my note to K9MI on the HDX 56
From: N0OEL@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:01:34 EST

We are turning a Explorer 14 with a boom length of 14 feet and longest
element of 31 feet.  We are the Twin City FM Club using a  HDBX56..    Have
been
doing that for 10  years!

I dont know where you got that info on the Rohn but its not  true.    The
windload of the tower
is 8 sq feet which is about one med to small beam.    I  think your beam
would work.    I dont remember the windload of  that beam but think its about
8-9
sq feet.    If you are really  concerned take the top section off and use the
tower at 48 feet and it becomes a  tank!
Windload goes up to something like 15 sq feet!

-Mike
K0BUD
Minneapolis