Re: [TowerTalk] Krimpa Seals .. Buttttttt Connectors, etc.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Krimpa Seals .. Buttttttt Connectors, etc.
From: "Dick" <rbodine@cpinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 09:25:25 -0500
We used butt splice connectors at my previous job but I can't say with
certainty that they were Krimpa brand.  However, I can say they work
well if installed correctly  You need to ensure (as with any crimp
splice) you don't over crimp them or the wire at the end of the crimp
will break.  What is special about them is they contain a small amount
of heat activated "glue" that seals the splice.  We had another style
that came in two parts, crimp and a sleeve that covered the completed
splice, they were my personal favorite.  Since retiring from that job I
have been looking for a source of butt splice connectors so I'm grateful
for your email Mark, Thanks.  :-)

73, Dick
N0IM

On 4/7/2006 17:19:36, AA6DX - Mark (aa6dx@arrl.net) wrote: