[TowerTalk] Upgrading from Rohn 25 to 45

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Upgrading from Rohn 25 to 45
From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 18:50:37 -0400
Hi Folks!
All this discussion about Rohn 25 and 45 has brought back a question that I
haven't considered in a while...
My Rohn 25 tower is 45ft above the required .8 cu yard block of concrete and
is bracketed in two points as specified in the Rohn literature.  Now the
base of my tower is a ten foot section that goes four feet into the block
and 2 inch gravel for drainage, could I cut off the tower section and weld a
Rohn 45 base plate to it and then go up a little higher for the same load as
is on the Rohn 25 now?
Is there some other way to work an upgrade such as drilling and epoxying in
new anchors into the existing block?

73,
Gordon Beattie, W2TTT
201.314.6964